5 Easy Tips for Styling Your Senior Session
The hardest part of a senior session is choosing your outfits! As a photographer who specializes in seniors, I can tell you that the way you style yourself will have the biggest impact on your portraits. Props are fun, and poses are great, but styling yourself well is the most important think you can do to make sure you love your portraits.
Here are 5 tips to help you choose your outfits to nail your senior session!
1. Mix It Up! Bring outfits that have different levels of dressy-ness. (Is that a word? It is now.) I always encourage my seniors to bring one outfit that is their everyday look and one that is extra-special and makes you feel glamourous. Bring styles that are different from each other so that you have a variety of looks in your Senior Portrait Album that each capture a side of your personality.
2. Choose Your Colors Wisely. When considering colors think about 2 things.
What looks best on you with your hair and skin tones?
What will be in the background?
Choose colors that look great with your skin, and also match the season and background. Darker colors tend to offer more contrast in portraits. When in doubt, bring a variety and your photographer will help you choose what looks best in each location.
3. Accessorize Your Outfits for Variety. Bring accessories that can offer you multiple looks without an outfit change. Think about scarves, hats, jackets, and fun jewelry.
In these examples, Kaylee threw on a big, floppy hat, McKenna wore a gorgeous floral kimono that served as a prop later in her session, and Madi wore large, gold earrings which complemented her look perfectly.
4. Bring a Solid, and Don't Be Afraid of Patterns. I always encourage my seniors to have one look that includes a solid look. Solids are always in style, so you'll have a timeless look you will enjoy forever. Don't be afraid to bring a fun pattern for another look as long as it is not too busy!
Katie chose a black tank tucked into a jean skirt for a perfectly classic look. McKenna used her floral print kimono to create movement and add a sense of depth to her portraits. Karsyn showed off her fun personality with a cute animal print romper.
5. Don't Go Shopping. Your senior portraits should show you on your very best day. Senior Portraits can seem like a perfect excuse to go shopping, but you don't want to risk choosing something too trendy that you will be tired of quickly. Bring your favorite outfits that you already own and love.
#senior #seniorphotography #seniorinspo #seniorphotographer #seniortips #inspiration #tips #taylorsnowman #taylorsnowmanphotography #snowmanseniors #cantonilseniorphotographer #taylorsnowmanseniors #tspseniors #seniorphotographytips #centralilphotographer #centralilseniorphotography #peoriailseniorphotography #peoriailseniorphotographer #cantonseniors #seniorphotographer #senior #classof2020 #graduate #seniorportraits #glamourshot #shedidit #senioryear #modelstatus #2020grad #senior2k20 #cantonilphotographer #seniorphotography #peoriailseniorphotography #peoriailseniorphotographers #cantonilseniorphotographer #cantonilseniorphotographers #cantonil #portraitphotographer #cantonilseniorphotography #centralilphotographer #centralilseniorphotographers #nikon